Presentation design pricing can vary drastically. That's why one of the most common questions we get is, “How much do you charge for presentation slide design?”
The simple answer is there is no such thing as one size fits all.
That’s because slide design is a delivery system for your message. Before we design your presentation slides, we need to examine your presentation strategy and content first. We want to help you deliver a clear message based on your presentation setting, room size, and delivery channel to your target audience.
Some presentations are simple and can be related using clean and modern slide design principles.
Other presentations can be complex and require multiple iterations to convey your message visually.
Complex slides like business models, industry solutions, implementation strategies, and processes can require multiple iterations and variations for different audiences, industries, and use cases.
Some slides can take 5 minutes to create; others could take hours.
That's why at Magnas Media, we use “Smart Pricing.”
Smart pricing gives you a range of hourly rates based on the area of expertise and the amount of work required.
Factors that can influence the cost include:
- Your Expertise: How well do you know your subject matter? Is the content all in your head, and you need help turning it into a presentation, or do you need help with content strategy, research, and development? Based on previous client projects, we have found that 80% of our clients need assistance with presentation strategy and content, not just design.
- Length: How long do you want your presentation, webinar, or training content to be? Is it a standard 15-slide pitch deck, 50-slide sales presentation, 150-slide webinar, or a 3,000-slide online course?
- Delivery System: Do you plan to deliver your presentation in person or online? Online presentations require more slides, transitions, and animation to engage the audience. While in-person presentations need fewer slides, transitions, and animation as the focus is on the speaker, not the slides.
- Script: Are you comfortable speaking from short notes, or do you need help writing scripts and slide notes word for word?
- Format: Do you need simple-to-use editable slides that you can work with over time, or do you want advanced infographics and visual effects?
- Branding: Do you have an existing visual brand, style guide, and presentation template, or do you need help creating a visual brand, style guide, and templates?
- Design Assets: Do you have an existing product and stock photos, or do you need help creating or buying new assets?
Fixed Price vs. Hourly Rate
We can give you a fixed-price project quote or bill by the hour based on your needs.
Fixed price quotes can work well if you have a preapproved presentation outline and content.
Hourly rates are more flexible and work best if you still don’t have a fixed storyboard and finalized content.
Sales, marketing, and investor presentations are usually living documents. They require ongoing research, updates, and fine-tuning.
That's why most of our clients prefer to engage us on hourly rate projects. They like to know they can reach out anytime for small changes without being charged minimum project fees.
We typically assess the amount of work and give a time and hourly rate estimate for each project milestone.
Working with milestones gives you more flexibility with set pricing per milestone.
Beware of designers that quote by the hour but don't give you a time estimate. Junior designers and presentation newbies might offer you lower pricing, but they will generally take longer to complete the project.
CONTACT US for a free project review and customized project price quote.