PowerPoint continues to be the leading presentation tool on the market. It is the most used file format by businesses, governments, and education.
Learning how to create and update a PowerPoint template can save you a lot of time, especially when dealing with long presentations like online courses or multiple teams and departments.
In this three-part video series, you'll learn the best practices for creating a scalable PowerPoint template.
Part One: Template Setup
In part one, you’ll learn how to set up a new template from scratch.
- 2:15 Themes vs Templates
- 12:23 How to work with the Master Slide Setup
- 17:23 How to work with Font Themes
- 25:44 How to set Font Themes on a Mac (Learn more about Theme Fonts for Mac Users)
- 30:08 How to set your default color Palette
- 39:27 How to set default text box and shape style
- 43:00 How to create custom slide layouts
- 1:10:03 How to create, import, and edit graphics
- 1:17:40 How to create custom image placeholders
- 1:30:51 Where to find design ideas
Part Two: Convert to Template
In part two, you’ll learn how to convert existing PowerPoint presentations into reusable PowerPoint templates.
- 0:00:33 What to include in your PowerPoint themes and templates
- 0:05:56 Convert Canva Presentation into PowerPoint Template
- 0:06:00 Import PowerPoint into Canva Presentation – NOT AN OPTION
- 0:07:56 Canva Presentation file before clean up
- 0:10:54 Canva Presentation file after clean up
- 0:20:58 Commercial PowerPoint template before clean up
- 0:27:25 Commercial PowerPoint template after clean up
Part Three: Diagnose & Fix Buggy Files
In part three, you’ll learn about common PowerPoint bugs and how to fix them
- 0:00:14 Common PowerPoint Background Problems
- 0:02:00 Fix PowerPoint Image Background
- 0:06:12 How to deal with buggy “Design Ideas”
- 0:07:22 Remove dark background
- 0:09:23 Edit slide created by PowerPoint “Design Ideas”
- 0:13:47 PowerPoint Design Ideas Best Practices
- 0:15:51 How to deal with font inconsistency
- 0:20:37 How to deal with colour inconsistency
- 0:23:10 How to fix page numbers and footers
- 0:26:36 Where to find additional support
Need help with your PowerPoint, Keynote, or Google Slides presentations?
Let’s work together and get your presentation done!
CONTACT US for a project review and time and cost estimate.